Yang Liu is GDS Professor.He is Executive Dean of Institute for AI Industry Research (AIR), Tsinghua University,Deputy Director in the Department of Computer Science and Technology at Tsinghua University.His research focuses on natural language processing. He has published over 80 papers in leading NLP/AI journals and conferences such as Computational Linguistics, ACL, AAAI, EMNLP, and COLING. He was the recipient of ACL 2017 Outstanding Paper Award, COLING/ACL 2006 Meritorious Asian NLP Paper Award and the National Science and Technology Progress Award second prize. He served as Executive Committee Member of Asia-Pacific Chapter of ACL, Editorial Board Member of Computational Linguistics, and Associate Editor of ACM TALLIP.
Personal Academic Website:
2002-2007 Chinese Academy of Sciences Computer Technologies PhD
1998-2002 Wuhan University Computer Science Bachelor
2020 till now Institute of AI Industrial Research, Tsinghua University Vice Dean
Department of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University Professor
2019-2020 Department of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University Professor
2011-2019 Department of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University Associate Professor
2009-2011 Institute of Computing Technology,Chinese Academy of Sciences Associate Researcher
2007-2009 Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences Assistant Researcher
Artificial intelligence, natural language processing, smart healthcare
1. Li Deng and Yang Liu (eds.). 2018. Deep Learning in Natural Language Processing. Springer.
2. Yanzhuo Ding, Yang Liu, Huanbo Luan and Maosong Sun. 2017. Visualizing and Understanding Neural Machine Translation. In Proceedings of ACL 2017, Vancouver, Canada, July.
3. Shiqi Shen, Yong Cheng, Zhongjun He, Wei He, Hua Wu, Maosong Sun, and Yang Liu. 2016. Minimum Risk Training for Neural Machine Translation. In Proceedings of ACL 2016, Berlin, Germany, August.
4. Yang Liu, Qun Liu, and Shouxun Lin. 2010. Discriminative Word Alignment by Linear Modeling. Computational Linguistics, 36(3): 303-339.
5. Yang Liu, Qun Liu, and Shouxun Lin. 2006. Tree-to-String Alignment Template for Statistical Machine Translation. In Proceedings of COLING/ACL 2006, pages 609-616, Sydney, Australia, July.
Major Honors and Awards:
2020 First Prize of Qian Weichang Chinese Information Processing Science and Technology Award, Chinese Information Processing Society of China（3rdaccomplisher）
2019 National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars
2017 ACL 2017 Outstanding Paper Award（Correspondence author）
2015 Second Prize of National Science and Technology Progress Award（5thaccomplisher）
2015 National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars
2014 First Prize of Hanwang Youth Innovation Award under Qian Weichang Chinese Information Processing Science and Technology Award, Chinese Information Processing Society of China（1staccomplisher）
2014 First Prize of Chinese Institute of Electronics Science and Technology Progress Award（6thaccomplisher）
2009 Second Prize of Beijing Science and Technology Award（3rdaccomplisher）
2006 COLING/ACL 2006 Meritorious Asian NLP Paper Award（1stauthor）